Overview of Basic Travel Insurance Coverage
Trip Cancellation and Interruption
- Reimburses prepaid, non-refundable expenses if you must cancel or interrupt your trip due to a covered reason.
- Reimburses up to a set monetary limit for reasonable, additional expenses for meals, accommodations, taxi fares, and essential telephone calls; if your trip is delayed for more than 12 hours due to covered reasons.
Baggage + Personal Effects Loss
- Can reimburse you if your baggage is lost, stolen or damaged while on your trip; subject to a maximum limit.
- If your baggage is delayed more than 24 hours while on a trip, you can be reimbursed for the purchase of necessary personal effects, subject to the maximum monetary limit.
- Pays up to the maximum monetary limit for necessary medical expenses incurred by you during your trip due to injury or sickness.
Emergency Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains
- Covers evacuation and transportation as directed by a physician to the nearest adequate medical facility (home in the event of death or if medically required). Pays for special medical escort if recommended in writing by the attending physician.
Each policy can be customized to ensure the correct monetary coverage maximum.
- For example, one client can insure their luggage for $5000 and another client can insure their luggage for $200.